Senior Carbon Consultant
You will be accountable for leading a broad range of projects for our clients including all elements of our carbon offering, not limited to carbon footprinting, carbon reduction target setting, net-zero target setting, net-zero roadmaps and pathways, Just Transition support, TCFD and climate risk analysis, submission to carbon benchmarks, such as CDP. You will be accountable for ensuring all projects are delivered to the highest quality standard, on-time and within budget. Together with the management and development of a number of Consultants and Graduate trainees.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Accountable for writing Client Proposals in line with the Company’s client offering and quality standards.
- Accountable for delivering client projects for our growing business. You will take responsibility for all aspects of project delivery either as a senior member of the project team or as project leader. This will include (but is not limited to): researching and analysing a wide range of internal and external data and information; working alongside clients and their stakeholders to understand their dynamic needs and evolving expectations of their businesses.
- Accountable for developing appropriate strategic and practical solutions and recommendations for our clients; and producing concise and engaging reports and presentations that exceed the clients’ expectations and enable them to accelerate their approach to sustainability
- Accountable for effectively managing the performance and development of your Consultants and Graduate Consultants working within your Team.
- Responsible for planning and agreeing the weekly Project Resourcing plan agreeing the resources required across all projects working closely with the Principal Consultants and the other Senior Consultants to ensure resources are full maximised. As directed and overseen by the Managing Consultant.
- You will play a key role and will be expected to enhance current customer relationships and develop new business opportunities, specifically in the carbon field, including: developing proposals, leading new business meetings and pitches, nurturing new client leads, introducing new potential clients to the business through your own networks, and representing the business at networks and events.
- Accountable for ensuring all company processes and procedures are followed and accurately recorded on CMAP.
- As a key member of a small, growing team, you will also contribute to the overall growth strategy and thought leadership of Simply Sustainable. This includes the development of new ideas, workstreams, products and services that support our target client market.
Key skills and knowledge required: (i.e. those required to fulfil the role, including qualifications)
- At least 5 years’ experience of being an excellent Consultant in a client-facing consultancy working with UK-based and global corporate businesses across a range of sectors, and possibly have some experience of working in-house within a large Corporate.
- Must be Educated to degree level, ideally with a Masters, plus ICRS or IEMA or similar membership.
- A proven track record of practical, hands-on experience in delivering the following types of project: carbon footprinting, carbon strategy, net-zero target setting, and TCFD. Some broader sustainability and ESG experience would be beneficial.
- Excellent all round communication skills with a proven ability to engage all types of audiences
- Excellent proven ability in being able to manage and coach other colleagues aiding their development within the business.
- Excellent proven project management skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills (including running client workshops).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proven ability of delivering high quality work on time and within budget.
- A joy to work with
- Passionate about sustainability
- Commercially astute
- Customer focused
- Ability and uses own initiative and is self-motivated
- Ability to influence and persuade
- Innovative and creative
Any additional relevant information
The role requires flexibility and availability for the clients with a passion to deliver top quality work. The role may require travelling both inside and outside the UK and on occasions based within the Clients premises.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and add the subject line Senior Carbon Consultant ASAP.
Request a call-back
"*" indicates required fields