Sustainability Consultant/ Senior Consultant – Netherlands
Job title: Sustainability Consultant or Senior Consultant
Reporting to: Country Manager
Location: Netherlands Office, Amsterdam
As a Sustainability Consultant / Senior Consultant with Simply Sustainable, you are responsible for delivering client projects for our growing business. This includes projects such as sustainability strategy development, double materiality assessment, CO2-emissions footprinting, net-zero planning and sustainability reporting to the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive and other standards.
In this role, you will work closely with a team of sustainability experts and will have ample opportunities to learn both on the job and through formal training. We offer a competitive salary and market-conform benefits.
Our Amsterdam office is growing, serving clients in the Netherlands and elsewhere in North-Western Europe. The ideal candidate enjoys a growth environment and relishes the opportunity to be part of the team that develops and delivers the strategy for expanding our European business.
Key accountabilities & responsibilities:
- You are responsible for delivering best-practice support for client projects including expert, practical sustainability consultancy services at the company’s required standards; as a senior consultant, you take responsibility for all aspects of project delivery either as a senior member of the project team or as project lead.
- You will use your excellent research and analytical skills for evaluating a wide range of sustainability information and data; producing professionally written reports and presenting the results with recommendations to clients, ensuring these are within budget and deliver on, and where possible exceeds, the brief.
- You are responsible for the presentation of results and findings to clients in a clear, engaging and highly professional way.
- You keep up to date with new sustainability trends, legislation, and best practice and use the information gained to develop leading-edge tools/documentation for our clients.
- As a valued member of the Simply Sustainable Team, you contribute to our overall growth strategy and thought leadership. This may include the development of new products and services, as well as contributing to the ideas and development of our own communications content.
- You build (client) relationships by being a joy to work with, one of our core values. You are service-oriented and make sure that communications are timely and appropriate and that information provided is accurate and detailed.
- You are accountable for completing all administration and record keeping required for client project management and for our operational processes. You manage your own time to ensure the weekly resourcing targets have been achieved and accurately recorded on our resourcing system.
- You contribute to the development and mentoring of any interns, Graduate Consultant and/or Consultants in the team as and when required.
Skills and knowledge
- At least 2-years’ experience working on corporate sustainability projects, as a consultant in a client-facing role or as member of the in-house sustainability team at Netherlands-based and/or global companies
- A proven track record of practical, hands-on experience in delivering the following types of projects: sustainability strategy development, stakeholder engagement and analysis, materiality assessment, measurement and target-setting, sustainability reporting, carbon accounting, net-zero target setting and transition planning, and/or sustainability reporting.
- Up-to-date knowledge of trends and developments surrounding sustainability for companies in Europe, including reporting regulation.
- Educated to degree level, ideally with Master degree in a sustainability-related field.
- Strong writing skills and analytical skills.
- Excellent project manager able to deliver high quality work on time, on budget and to scope.
- Excellent all-round communication skills, including presentation, workshop and facilitation
- A joy to work with
- Passionate about sustainability
- Commercial and client-focused
- Practical and hands-on
- Confident with clients
- A true team player
- Ability to influence and persuade
- Innovative and creative
- Continuously initiating own opportunities to develop expertise
Any additional relevant information:
The role requires flexibility and availability for the clients with a passion to deliver top quality work. The role may require travelling both inside the Netherlands, to the UK and to other countries and on occasions be based within the clients premises.
Dutch-language skills are preferred.
Our values differentiate us and we live and breathe them
- Be a joy to work with
- Be realistic and practical
- Be dependable
- Go beyond best practice and raise the bar
- Believe in a better society and environment
We work at pace and would like to fill this role ASAP.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and add the subject line Sustainability Consultant ASAP
Request a call-back
"*" indicates required fields