ESG and Sustainability Strategy Consultant
Job title: ESG and Sustainability Strategy Consultant
Reporting to: Senior Consultant
Location: London office, client office
As an ESG and Sustainability Strategy Consultant with Simply Sustainable Ltd, you are responsible for delivering (leading and supporting) client projects for our growing business. This includes projects such as sustainability and ESG strategies, materiality, sustainability integration planning and support, and sustainability and ESG reporting to international standards. Together with supporting the development of the Graduate trainees working closely to analyse and research various elements required for the Projects.
- You are responsible for delivering best-practice practical support for clients’ projects including top-class, practical sustainability consultancy services at the Company’s required standards
- You will use your excellent research and analytical skills for analysing a wide range of sustainability information and data, accurately and on time; producing professionally written reports and presenting the results with recommendations to clients, ensuring these are within budget and exceed the clients’ expectations
- Responsible for the Presentation of results and findings to clients in a clear engaging and highly professional way
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and appropriateness of the advice and documentation prepared for each client that answers, and where possible exceeds, the brief. This includes the need to keep up to date with new legislation, trends and best practice and using the information gained to develop leading-edge tools/documentation for our clients
- Accountable for recording all actions taken for managing projects for clients ensuring the project plan and all materials/documents required accurately meet the clients’ needs and business sector on the internal CMAPs system (CMAP)
- Responsible for effectively managing own time to ensure the weekly resourcing targets have been achieved and accurately recorded on CMAP. This includes time spent for managing budgets and resourcing on projects and alerting the Senior Consultant or Principal Consultant early with any concerns
- Enhancing existing client relations by being a joy to work with. Ensuring communications are timely and appropriate at all times and that all information received from the client is accurate and detailed in order to exceed client expectations for project specification and ultimately the delivery.
- Accountable for completing all administration and record keeping required for our clients and our company’s operational processes.
- As a key member of the Simply Sustainable Team you are expected to contribute to the overall growth strategy and thought leadership of Simply Sustainable. This may include the development of new workstreams, products and services, as well as contributing to the ideas and development of our own communications content.
- Responsible for the development and mentoring of interns and Graduate members of the team as and when required.
Key skills and knowledge
- At least 2 – 5 years’ experience of working in a Consultancy, working with UK- based and global corporate business across a range of sectors
- Must be educated to degree level, plus membership to ICRS or IEMA
- Proven track record of practical hands-on experience working on corporate sustainability & ESG projects similar to the services Simply Sustainable provides
- Exceptional, writing, communication and analytical skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent all round communication skill including presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to manage detailed complex information
- Excellent accurate and up-to-date knowledge of trends and developments surrounding sustainability and ESG
- Proven ability of delivering high quality work on time and on budget
- A joy to work with
- Passionate about sustainability
- Commercial and business Customer-focused
- Practical and hands-on
- Confident with clients, customer focused and Team focused
- Ability to influence and persuade
- Innovative and creative
- Continuously initiating own opportunities to develop expertise, keeping up to date with new initiatives and gaining experience within Sustainability.
Any additional relevant information:
The role requires flexibility and availability for clients with a passion to deliver top-quality work. The role may require travelling both inside and outside the UK and on occasions based within the Clients premises.
We work at pace and would like to fill this role ASAP.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and add the subject line ESG and Sustainability Strategy Consultant.
Request a call-back
"*" indicates required fields